officeplant omg we need to make these
A beauty to behold: Dried Pineapple Flowers
Yes, again and again. This is the best way (for me) to use up the bundles of small pineapples that are about to become overripe, prolonging the beautiful look and taste of a pineapple for much, much longer and never allowing any fruit to go to waste, whilst making an absolutey delicious and entirely natural snack that’s versatile and usable for decoration in any dessert when not enjoyed on its own. Also, I think my mother wanted to try out our old (but recently rediscovered) dehydrater - but using an oven for is fine! This recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart’s “Cupcakes”.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees farenheit (if you have a dehydrater obviously skip this step), and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking paper
- Using a small knife or a melon baller, remove the pineapple “eyes” and using a sharp knife, slice the pineapple crosswise into very thin slices (as shown above)
- Place the slices onto the baking sheets and bake the tops for around 30 minutes - flip the sides and then bake for another 30 minutes unti they’re completely dry (if they’re not yet just add 5 more minutes). If using a dehydrater, simply put them in the dehydrater and wait until the pineapple slices look dry.
- Once you take them out, pinch the centre of the pineapple slices to form a small cone and then place them in the centre of a muffin tin to cool so that they form a flower shape.
- Once cooled, you can store them stacked up in an airtight container for 3 days at room temperature, and even longer refrigerated!The fruit jellies in the centre of the pineapples can simply be made by stewing strawberries or passionfruit until they become jam-like, adding pectin and then pouring the mixture into ice cube holders and leaving them in the freezer overnight!
we havent dissapeared, we are just on the road!
hang tight and we will be back with a tonne of content!
Missing Mark, this is how he used to sleep with me from when I first got him
I hate it when you are having a bad day and everyone takes it personally, like no i hate myself, not you. get the fuck over yourself.
wow i’m actually so glad this post has been made